STUDIO RECORDING: £180
For this type of session we aim to record each part separately to a set tempo, ideally using previously recorded “tracking files” as a starting point.
This recording method usually gives us the clearest recordings and allows the most control over the mix, but can be more challenging if you’re not used to playing without the rest of the band.
It will also take longer to record in this way, especially when it comes to the editing and mixing stage.
- The full 6 hour session is £180
- Additional hours of recording are charged at £20/h
- Editing, Mixing, Mastering £15/h, may not be the same day
- We can offer special rates for multiple days
- We can agree on a cap on total spend
HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR SESSION
- a LOT
- until you don’t think about your part at all
- until you are sick of hearing the songs
- vocal technique (dynamics control, mic technique, loudness)
- playing each part to a click
- to a phone recording of yourselves (identify any issues with performance / sound)
- to other music and compare with your material (what makes it great?)
- the songs (structure, chords, solos, beginnings/endings)
- your sound (amp/fx settings, drum tones/tuning, overall feel)
- what to expect from the session (see below)
- reference material (keep it realistic and relevant)
- as much information as possible about the songs
- tempos for all songs
- tracking files (each part recorded to the click, even phone recordings are fine)
WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR SESSION
- welcoming, respectful, relaxed
- professional, honest, flexible
- completely non-judgmental
- can take a long time, even a few hours, to get everything sounding right
- will be quicker the more we know about your music/sound
- we know our studio very well and know how to get the best out of it
- just ask, we can probably make it happen!