This session is for one musician to come in and record, either to their own pre-recorded music, or with a clean slate. Vocals, guitar, keys, drums, it can be anything you like.
Recorded elsewhere but want to try a different tone or performance on one of the parts? Let us know what you want to achieve and we'll help you make it happen.
Also a great session for singer-songwriters, or any solo artist, to produce demos, portfolio material, tracking, or even album material.
SOLO RECORDING: £120
- The full 6 hour session is £120
- Additional hours of recording are charged at £20/h
- Editing, Mixing, Mastering £15/h, may not be the same day
- We can offer special rates for multiple days
- We can agree on a cap on total spend
HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR SESSION
- a LOT
- until you don’t think about your part at all
- until you are sick of hearing the songs
- vocal technique (dynamics control, mic technique, loudness)
- playing each part to a click
- to a phone recording of yourselves (identify any issues with performance / sound)
- to other music and compare with your material (what makes it great?)
- the songs (structure, chords, solos, beginnings/endings)
- your sound (amp/fx settings, drum tones/tuning, overall feel)
- what to expect from the session (see below)
- reference material (keep it realistic and relevant)
- as much information as possible about the songs
- tempos for all songs
- tracking files (each part recorded to the click, even phone recordings are fine)
WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR SESSION
- welcoming, respectful, relaxed
- professional, honest, flexible
- completely non-judgmental
- can take a long time, even a few hours, to get everything sounding right
- will be quicker the more we know about your music/sound
- we know our studio very well and know how to get the best out of it
- just ask, we can probably make it happen!